- When we talk of violence against women, we should also talk of women's wickedness.
- Such laws create discord and degeneration of society.
- Today the law prevents parents from disciplining their children and teachers from taking good measures to discipline children.
- We should be afraid of laws like these for they will prevent men from marrying two wives, a right granted to them by Islam.
- Women should be at the servitude of their husbands, fulfill his needs, bring up their children and serve their needs.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Muttalib afraid domestic violence law may prevent men marrying two women
MP for Fares Mathoda Ibrahim Muttalib yesterday fought a valiant but seemingly lone battle against DRP's domestic violence bill. Here is a selection of choice bits from his speech: